Sunday, December 2, 2007

Who needs PT!

If climbing abilities are any indication that Eliza's physical therapy has paid off, then she is a physical therapy star. A year of physical therapy has been well worth the investment of time and effort. I figure at the rate Eliza is growing (or not) that I'll focus her athletic endeavors on qualifying for the 2024 U.S. Gymnastics Team.



We had our first dusting of snow today and Eliza got all bundled up in her pea green fleece suit to play in the snow. Unfortunately she missed most of the fun because she fell asleep in her stroller before we even left the apartment building. The winter is young though and I'm sure they'll be plenty more snow.



Another new development is "go go." Eliza now says "go go" for yogurt and even goes to the fridge to pick out which yogurt she wants. This is a far cry from the baby who struggled just to sit in her high chair a few weeks ago. She has been eating about three, sometimes four yogurts a day since Thanksgiving. Maybe since she hasn't had feeding therapy for a couple of weeks now she is more relaxed about eating, who knows, who cares!

We met with one of Eliza's new feeding therapists this past week and I think things went well. Of course the first few sessions are usually the easiest, but I am hopeful things will continue to improve. Eliza has even been "snacking" a bit on cheese puffs and pretzels.

I never envisioned my child snacking on junk food nor did I ever think the only way I would be able to get my daughter to eat would be to distract her and bribe her with a DVD, but then again I never envisioned having a 26 week micropreemie. I guess the one lesson all of this has taught me is that whatever plan you have in life, you better not have too much invested in it since it can all change in a heartbeat, literally.

1 comment:

  1. SUPER cute pictures and so glad about the eating progress!

    I couldn't help but notice your sofa - I swear we have the same one. Have you noticed in my pictures? We're couch twins.

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...