Sunday, December 28, 2008

Really, Eliza Did Have Some Christmas Gifts

It would seem that a quick perusal of the photos from Christmas day would lead people to think I only got Eliza Christmas wrapping paper and toilet paper. But a closer look at the photos reveals quite a few toys discarded in the background:











Eliza also decided that while she views her own stroller and high chair as instruments of torture, the doll size ones are just fine:





As most of the readers of this blog know, Eliza won't eat food (not even the almighty Cheerio). But thanks to two years of feeding therapy Eliza will pretend to eat a picture of a cupcake while saying "mmmmm delish." Truly she is trying to drive me insane (but I do love the book Martha!):





But here is some proof that Eliza got gifts and opened gifts:





And last, as other single mothers can attest, the scourge of single-mother-dom is that there are few and far between photos of mother and child. So as Christmas 2008 ends, here is the only known photo of Eliza and I together for Christmas (great huh? ... note to family ... feel free to use the camera at holidays):

5 comments:

  1. I'm like you, unwrapping gifts was such a big hit, I think Da'Gorgeouses will be happy enough with a bunch of wrapped empty boxes next year!!

    Looks like Eliza was having a blast :) I'm glad you do have someone that you can encourage to catch more photos of you two together, I was going to suggest using a tripod---LOL!!

    Hugs & Blessings (y Prospero Ano Nuevo---Happy New Year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have precious few pictures of me and Emery together - what's my excuse?

    I love her jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toys, toilet paper, boxes - which ever way it looks like Eliza had fun!

    Might I also suggest a late Christmas present for yourself: tripod, camera with timer, and preferably a camera with a flip out screen so you can see where you are in the picture. Take your own self-portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking you ladies might be right about a tripod and a timer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! Glad to know Luke isn't the only one that enjoys the least expected gift. The kid has more toys than FAO Schwartz, yet the only thing he wanted to play with this season was a strange singing pickle that belonged to his grandmother. Huh. What I can see of you behind Eliza looks nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...