Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Date With Mr. Dex

Let's not get too excited here that I have had an actual date. No such luck. Eliza however has had yet another date with dexamethasone a/k/a "Mr. Dex." Today's date involved yet another odyssey of going to the doctor, being told what med she needed, going to the pharmacy (a 6 block walk with my foot in a cast in 90 degree weather), going back to the doctor's office, listening to some boob-head parent announce (in a Fran Drescher Nanny voice) "oh wow your kid is sick, why are you in the waiting room with the healthy kids" which led to my response of "Really? Well (a) I am not the architect who designed the doctor's office and failed to include a sick kid room (b) I hadn't noticed that my child has coughed incessantly for 12 freaking hours and (c) why the "F" else would I be in a freaking doctor's office?"

So one steroid shot later we are home. Eliza seems quite happy in her tub though and the bronchial problems have not impaired my girl's ability to sort and categorize:



Orange with orange:



Blue with blue:



Our green/yellow hues together:



And let's not forget how to line up those labels:




Eliza may not be able to breathe really well, but she is still one organized toddler.

5 comments:

  1. EEK! How in the heck did you walk that? I've been to NY. Six blocks in NY is NOT a short walk.

    Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnit! And here I was hoping it was you spilling the beans about a great date night! Here's hoping the dex works for Eliza and your poor foot recovers from the 6 block walk!

    Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky for me they were the "short" blocks. Thanks to my new walking cast called the "air walker" (love the name) it wasn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, could you please have her come over and teach Luke how to clean up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Eliza and you will soon be on the mend. And from your previous post, I have a few pregnant woman to send your way!

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...