Friday, August 7, 2009

Long Time No Blog

I have just looked at the calendar and realized it has been almost two weeks since my last post! No really good excuse here. Well, there are excuses that I think are good, but a few people would likely disagree with me.

The past few weeks have been busy, trying to get things ready for vacation and then for Eliza to start preschool. I think I am in denial that Eliza is going to start preschool in a few weeks. Although I did go ahead and get very cute labels for everything Eliza owns, it still seems preschool is light years away. I am also pretty sure Eliza has no clue that her life is about to change in a big way.

One of the difficult things about having your child enrolled in Early Intervention services is that all of these people who come into your child's life, who she sees multiple times a week, will simply disappear. No real good byes, no going away party, just the last therapy session. While the therapists probably fill the time slot with a new child before the last session is even over, Eliza will be left wondering where everyone went. For a child like Eliza, who was not really able to socialize with other children because of the fear of illness, these therapists are her friends, they are the people with whom she plays. And they will just be gone on August 13. I am hoping that since we are going on vacation right after Eliza's last day of therapy and then start school within a week of coming home, that the transition won't be too difficult for Eliza.

Apologies to the facebook friends who have already seen these photos, but here are some of the photos I recently has taken of Eliza.











4 comments:

  1. I hope the transition is as smooth as possible for Eliza. They grow up fast, don't they?? She has come a long long way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a harder time than Elizabeh when we lost our EI therapists. Luckily many have become friends and I still keep in contact with them. I hope it is not too difficut on Eliza but I think vacation is a good way to get around it.

    Good luck on your first day of school and keep is posted.

    Have a nice vacation
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pics! What a beautiful girl you have! :):)

    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pics of Eliza. I think she is so cute. I hope she does okay with losing her therapists. I can imagine hat would be really hard on a child.

    Can't wait to hear about your latest trip and Eliza's first days of school!

    ps - how's your leg??

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...