Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas in the City

Rumor has it there is another storm heading our way this week, so with any luck we'll still have a white Christmas instead of a slushy Christmas.

Eliza and I were up and out early today to enjoy the snow. Eliza is quite the fan of snow and I am hoping that by next year she can start ski lessons (despite her recent dire PT evaluations, Eliza does have great balance, so skiing may be just the thing for her).









Eliza also enjoyed sledding, but alas there are no photos since as a single parent who has to ride the sled with her, I just don't have enough arms to steer the sled and photograph us at the same time. So you are left to your imaginations.

Last week during our successful visit to Santa, Peter and I also took Eliza to see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree. Eliza was quite thrilled with the lights and the crowd was not too oppressive. Eliza thoroughly enjoys her time with Peter and I think our Christmas tradition of visiting Santa together is one we will continue for a long time to come.







2 comments:

  1. Eliza, as usual, looks gorgeous and the Hanna Andersson dress is stunning on her (as is the HA snowsuit). I envy you the Rockefeller Center tree (and rink, though I am too chicken to ice skate). It has always been among some of my fondest vistas for taking in the holiday scene in NY. Does FAO Schwartz still do amazing windows? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is a storm "coming" what's that white stuff there now??

    We sent the storm your way from here in NC. My mom's mountain only got about 2 inches. Friends across the way - up to 10 or 12 inches!

    Last year we rode by the Big Tree and i have a (very blurry) picture. This year the girls would love it. Commericals...driving around..."cwrismas tree...santa!!"

    Hope you have a very merry and non-slushy Christmas:-)

    ps- who's Peter?

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...