Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Santa, Take One




Notice anything missing from this photo? Look closely, very closely ... why yes! There is no Eliza in this photo.

Eliza's preschool ventured to Santa Land today for the Holiday Puppet Show, to see the trains and to visit with the big man himself. Not only would Eliza not sit on Santa's lap, but she refused to even get in the group photo of her class sitting angelically at Santa's feet.

For those of you just joining us, here is the progression of Eliza's relationship with Santa:

2006:



2007:



2008:



Notice a downward trend here? This does not bode well for future visits to Santa ....

9 comments:

  1. Wow - 2008 - Amazing. I kind of want to frame it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud. And I read it twice and laughed just as much the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliza Grace may know something we don't! I think we should take her view on advisement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,

    You are the most funniest person I have ever met in the blog. YOU ARE SUPER!Your writing is so well descriptive and funny that every time even in my very sad moment it gives me smile. Thank you so much!

    Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things I enjoyed in this post: displaying years of Santa pictures to illustrate Eliza's development AND the 2008 photo Priceless!!! I took both boys to see Santa. Henry stood outside the little cottage, crying "NO Santa, NO Santa" Liam sat with the big guy and petted his beard. I figure it will be years before they are both developmentally ready to be in the same Santa photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to take Catherine to Santa today, but Santa had a family emergency and wasn't there. For real. They offered for us to sit on his bench and take our own photo..Now I wish I had done it... Catherine w/o Santa would have made a nice companion photo to Santa w/o Eliza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my goodness! I LOVE 2008...and agree, it should TOTALLY be in a frame!
    Side note...funny, I have visited you and read about sweet Eliza Grace for a while...and now I have a preemie! Craziness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber ... I was glad to read how well Jacob is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne,
    I love the way you tell/explain things :) I LOVE the Santa picts each year... classic.

    Laura

    mom to Preston 23.4 weeker now 3

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...