Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nurse's Week

May 6th marks the beginning of Nurse's Week. The week culminates on May 12, the birthday of Florence Nightingale.

If you are lucky, you and your loved ones have never really needed to rely on skilled nursing care.

Then again, maybe those of us who have had to put our lives, and the lives of our family members, in the hands of nurses are the lucky ones since we have been given the opportunity to meet some extraordinary people.

It is impossible for me to ever adequately thank the nurses who cared for me and Eliza. They helped Eliza when my body failed her. How do you thank someone for that?




Thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I don't feel that I could ever express the exact way I feel about the NICU nurses that cared for Da'Gorgeouses. It still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Da'Gorgeouses turn 4 on Saturday & as every day gets closer I think more & more about where we were almost 4 years ago. ♥, Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...