Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's Very Tricky

If you haven't gathered yet, Eliza is a pretty entertaining character.



Last week we went to the Bronx Zoo with some cousins. While I have no doubt Eliza knows their names, they are collectively known as "the cousins." The Bronx Zoo is one of my most favorite places and over the years it has improved and continued to delight me. Eliza loves it as much as I do.






Taken moments before Eliza face planted into the pavement:







Where else do you wear your zoo shirt:







The buzzy bee:







The cousins:







The Hungry Caterpillar series:











This is where things get "tricky." Eliza has a good friend at school nicknamed Mazi. A few days after our zoo trip, the following conversation ensued:



"Mama I want to go back to see the zoo animals with the cousins, and I want to bring Mazi, but she is a friend." The whole time she is saying this she is tapping her chin with her forefinger. I then ask her why not ask everyone to go. The response I got was: "It is very tricky because Mazi is a friend and not a cousin and I want them all to go, it is really very, very tricky."



Apparently Eliza has drawn a line in the sand as to whether friends and family can mix.



Our next adventure involves a visit to the "Statue of Delivery."

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm...interesting? Maybe she doesn't want to share them with each other---the friends & family. She might be on to something you know, it really can be tricky when the 2 sides meet! LOL!!

    Hope poor Miss Eliza didn't get too scratched up from the fall. :(

    ♥ Hugs & Blessings! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe at the Statue of Delivery there are magical powers and you automatically get to deliver at term?

    She is such a thinker. I love how her mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliza makes a very pretty butterfly!

    Hmm, perhaps cousins and friends shouldn't mix for some reason? It is very tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the "face plant" wasn't too serious. What a great place to go with friends OR family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute. I love the things they say. The zoo looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the friends & family. She might be on to something you know, it really can be tricky when the 2 sides meet, anyway thanx for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...