Monday, October 25, 2010

Candy Corn and Cows

Any doubts I had about Eliza's imagination and story telling abilities can officially be laid to rest.

Halloween is upon us and with it, bags of candy corn:


Tonight Eliza was sharing her candy corn with me, but when I asked if she liked candy corn, she said "no Mama, I need my candy corns for my Mickey Mouse."

Here is Eliza's recipe for making Mickey Mouse from candy corn (verbatim):

"First you get a mama cow who can squirt milk:"


"Then the mama cow squirts the milk on the candy corn:"


(really I am not making this up and I did not pose the cow over the candy corn, that was Eliza).

"And then you find the chocolate pumpkins and put them with the candy corns that had the milk squirted on them so the candy corns can become Mickey Mouse:"



Now you tell me, doesn't that look like Mickey Mouse? Eliza made the body and legs from the orange wrappers from the pumpkin chocolates.

Seriously, this is better than seeing Jesus in a grilled cheese sandwich (or maybe that was Mary?).

9 comments:

  1. So why did the milk need to be squirted?

    Seriously? I think she's a genius. And I just had to look to make sure I spelled genius right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems as if the squirting milk is what makes Mickey come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Candy Corn Micky Mouse...for Christmas I want...


    God, I love Eliza. She is such a hoot. I am SO glad you write this stuff down - for our enjoyment and so you can always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so creative. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--that's very creative. She's a born storyteller (and mixed-media artist!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest thing to see! But will she eat them at all?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eliza will eat one or two, first the white top, then the yellow bottom and then the orange middle. I, on the other hand, do not show such restraint when it comes to candy corn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Great replica of Mickey, it wouldn't last long at our house. Candy corn and chocolate tend to disappear here.
    What a great costume she chose, the hat/feather thing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...