Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas

It is hard to believe that this is Eliza Grace's second Christmas. It really seems as if it was only a short time ago that I was walking back and forth to the NCCU more times a day than I can count and holding my breath each time that all was well or at least stable.

Eliza thoroughly enjoyed Christmas, well at least the paper and the boxes, as would any self-respecting toddler.





During the holidays, Eliza Grace continued to display her fashion sense. First she tried on her cousin Katie's well used Uggs (and, yes, she got them on by herself!):



She tried on her new purse from Aunt Bonnie as a stylish chapeau:



And decided that her (fairly ugly) fleece blanket could be used as a wrap:



We also spent part of the day with my Dad in the nursing home. Eliza Grace calls him Papa, instead of Grandpa like all the other grandkids do. His memory deteriorates by the day but he still remembers Eliza, my Mom and me. I suspect though that the thinks Eliza Grace is his and my Mom's baby. This was our first Christmas without him home so the holiday was a little bittersweet and subdued for us. It is also probably the last Christmas that he'll remember any of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...