Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rain Puddles


This weekend, Eliza and I spent the day at the American Museum of Natural History with cousin Peter. The day started out fairly nasty, but brightened up a bit as the day went on. The skies cleared and the park was filled with rain puddles. Eliza, like any self-respecting 3 year old worth her salt, absolutely had to step in every puddle.

Isn't she cute:




Then Eliza decided one particularly large puddle needed to be splashed with her hands. As I was calculating exactly the parts per million germ factor of your average Central Park rain puddle, Eliza reached her soaking wet hand to her mouth and LICKED HER FINGERS, pronouncing the rain water "yummy." There are no pictures of this magic moment since I was sprinting toward her with a Clorox wipe wondering if it was OK to wipe her tongue with said wipe.

Before the germ filled puddle event we had a nice day at the museum, so I'll leave you with some photos:






And one last photo of one of the rare sightings of Eliza actually eating ice cream!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm not the only mother that has seriously considered using a Clorox wipe on their child.

    We're in the thick of potty training....and Amelia likes to touch every possible surface in every public restroom we visit. Oye, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I have TWO of those germ licking kids right here! I swear Pistol sticks her hands in the nastiest of stuff and quick as a wink those fingers head right to her mouth! I too have considered using a wipe for the inside of her mouth, but I'm hoping that NASTY stomach virus she caught this week will be enough to persuade her not to do it anymore. A mom can dream right?! LOL!!

    Glad you all had a wonderful time @ the museum. Da'Gorgeouses LOVE the "mooseum"!

    Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bedside commode.......

    She looks great by the way. Did you get your hair cut?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too noticed the haircut and send my approval. I think Miss Eliza Grace is a happy little girl who enjoyed her day.
    My love to you both.
    Always,
    Ida

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...