Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Awl done"

... to quote Eliza Grace.

After having our MRI pushed back first one hour, then another as we sat in the waiting room, I discovered one way to shorten the line. Rat out the guy who is letting his son eat about 50 Coco Puffs in the waiting room. I made the not so large leap that the 6 year old was likely also on the MRI starvation diet and mentioned (in a concerned tone) to the nurse "it would be nice if people didn't eat in the waiting room, since it is hard enough explaining to a 3 year why she can't have anything." Well this set off a hunt for the offender. The father actually said: "he's not eating it is just a snack." Putting aside my personal angst that in her life time Eliza has not eaten 50 Coco Puffs, I seriously have to question the parenting skills of someone who thinks a dog food size bowl of Coco Puffs is a "snack."

But I digress ...

Eliza made it through with flying colors. Woke up pissed off after 20 minutes, tried to rip her IV out (that's my girl!) and sucked down a record 8 ounces of formula in under ten minutes. She proudly walked out of the hospital on her own two feet and helped hail a cab (she really does this, she is a city kid).

Of course I have decided to put the CD with the MRI films in the laptop in an effort to discern what is what. Ten minutes into this exercise I recognized the futility. So I wait until Monday.

Really, she is back to normal:

4 comments:

  1. She is just perfect, I love reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you get good news on Monday..

    Leyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Eliza made it through.

    I also loved the post before - with the smiling happy kid and parent and the MRI as big, fun toy followed by an example of MRI torture techniques.

    You are so funny. I love your blog:-)
    Johelen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma looks like a great dancer too!

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...