Saturday, November 28, 2009

Did Someone Call a Doctor?

Normally I an quite the little planner when it comes to schedules, appointments, etc. Not this December. The schedule was pretty ugly even before you factor in the notice I received for Jury Duty. I thought there was this exception for single parent who works full time in small business and takes care of elderly parent on weekends. But no. Apparently they think Eliza can sit on the curb until I get home from work on the days Joyce isn't here. Monday I'll pay the jury clerk another visit, perhaps with a photo montage of Eliza in the hope of garnering some sympathy.

Eliza and I will be putting a nice dent in the year end numbers for Oxford United Healthcare. We each have a visit to the following doctors ... can you guess who they are? Ten visits in one month. A fitting end to 2009.





3 comments:

  1. Ear, Nose and Throat, pulmonologist, gastroenterologist, ophthalmologist and neurologist!!!

    Did I miss anything? Internist, too?

    All this on top of Christmas?

    Bring Eliza with you to jury duty. Better yet, when you're going through selection process - feed her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Sarah! The man in the green scrubs was the universal "doctor" ... the symbol for Eliza's pediatrician and my GP. But I will count ENT as a correct answer!

    And your prize ... you can sit on jury duty for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics. We too have an endless stream of Dr's who love to poke and prop at Elizabeth (and most can never come to a conclusions, they do all agree she is a very interesting case).
    Elizabeth also has a tendency to grow horns at these appointments and after the 1-2 hr wait she is swinging from the rafters and I have nothing left to say, my mind is numb.
    Eliza is such a beautiful girl. Elizabeth was supposed to be an ELiza Grace/Ann but when lying upside down in labor and quite loopy from the drugs I chose Elizabeth Ann, I am pretty happy with our decision it really could have been disastrous considering how doped up they kept me. I think their names are quite regal, I do think it may be hard to find another name to match (if we dare try again).

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...