Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy 101

Here is a lovely little award from my fellow blogger Amber.



The Happy 101 Blog Award Rules are as follows: List 10 things that make you happy, try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day. For those 10 bloggers who get the award, you then link back to my blog and create your list of things that make you happy.

1. Watching Eliza sleep (this does not occur too often!)

2. Listening to Eliza laugh

3. Coffee... and lots of it

4. Crocheting (yes I need to get out more)

5. Saba

6. Leaving a doctor's office

7. Volunteering

8. Friends

9. Traveling with Eliza (really ... she is quite good at it)

10. Blogging

Surely there are more than 10 bloggers who make me smile, but rules are rules:

Sarah
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah
Sara (who secretly wants an "h")

Noticing a pattern here?

Abby
Liz
Cora
Keira
Billie

6 comments:

  1. Love your #1...nothing sweeter than a sleeping child:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne, I would like to get in touch with you. Marilyn gave me a link to your blog and I have been reading it in fascination over the last 6 months. I went on to become a special ed teacher, go figure, and would love to connect & if there is any way I could help you I would like to! You rock as a mom, by the way! Mal will give you my e-mail! Sue Winstead Melnick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue!

    How are you? I'm glad Marilyn pointed you to Eliza's blog. Hopefully when you say "fascination" it is in a good way and not the same fascination we have when looking at a train wreck! LOL

    I would love to talk with you. Email me at elizagracesmom@yahoo.com (terribly unimaginative I know).

    I just talked to Marilyn last night and heard all about her trip to Thailand. Sounds awesome. There are some photos in my past in September about our vacation with Marilyn too. Thanks to Eliza refusing to go near the sand on day one, we had to rent a lovely chic-chic cabana. Day two Marilyn and I took the bull (Eliza) by the horns and carried her to the water, which she then did not want to leave. All in all a fun time.

    I would love to talk with you, catch up and pick your brain!

    Thanks so much for getting in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you for remembering I want an H. This is going to be tough for me... not because it's hard to find 10 things I'm happy about, but because I have no idea how to tag you or anyone else. Might be a while...

    ~Sara (h)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to leave this publicly before I e-mail you -- the fascination was not because I was watching a train wreck but at what an incredible mom you are, and all the incredible fighting you have done with those who are supposed to know it all. I will e-mail you now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sue!

    Got your email and will write back tonight after the little miss heads off to bed ... it was lovely to hear from you after all these years!

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...