Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day in 2006 was just not your typical Mother's Day. As great as it is to be a new mom, spending the day in the NICU is just not something that you wrote down on your "to do" list 9 months earlier:



This year, Eliza is less wrinkled, I am more wrinkled; I now wear glasses, Eliza no longer wears her CPAP; we both are chunkier (me more so than Eliza); my mom is shorter, but she still fits in her cute white jacket and my mother's hair looks EXACTLY the same (in fairness it has looked exactly the same for the past 40 years).



Happy Mother's Day all ... especially those moms who have to spend it in the NICU.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mothers' Day to you! I love the contrasting pictures...and how your mom isn't all that contrasting in them! (And you don't look chunkier to me.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! You are just as beautiful now as you were in those pics in 2006.

    I remember my 2006 Mother's Day like it was yesterday, since it was celebrated less than a week after Da'Gorgeouses were born--not exactly what I had anticipated for that year either. But, here we are 4 years later & we "may be" a little older, a little more wrinkled, and a little less skinny, but we are truly more blessed and more experienced MOMS (I can't even say it without smiling!) :) ♥ ya! Hugs & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually going to tell you that you looked no different, and then I thought you'd think I was lying (which I am not) - but the picture of the three of you is perfect. It is frame-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great multi-generational picture! All three of you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...