Saturday, November 19, 2011

Eliza's Papa

Today marks the third anniversary of my Dad's death.  It seems hard to believe that three years have passed so quickly.

My Dad made almost daily trips to the NICU from New Jersey with my Mom to visit Eliza during her 100 days in the NICU.


When Eliza came home from the NICU, Daddy delighted in spending time with her.


Daddy enjoyed Eliza's first Christmas and she clearly loved him.


One of Daddy's favorite places was sitting under the bell tree in our yard on Saba.  While some people may find it irreverent, one of Eliza's favorite places at our house is sitting on Daddy's bench under the same tree.  I am sure that Daddy delights in her visits and is smiling down on her whenever she sits on his bench and enjoys sunshine.





I still miss him everyday.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry.
    I am sure too he is delighted with Eliza's visits and with her sitting on his place. btw, Saba in Hebrew is grandfather..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irreverent? I find it deeply touching. How wonderful that you have so many pictures of them together and that they were able to bond during the time they had together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! I'm so glad you have captured such beautiful pictures of the two together.

    P.S. I just discovered your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...