Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Life Cycle of the Brain

...according to Eliza.

Eliza and I have a lot of conversations about what activities we are going to do in our free time.  Luckily for me, Eliza is a pretty flexible kid who likes a lot of different things.  She is a wee bit obsessed with Kirby.


Kirby is a pretty OK little character who not only comes in an assorted sizes and shapes, but everything from key chains to plush toys, and also Wii and DS games.

Eliza is allowed to play video games (oh the horror!) but she is limited to how much she can play.  She has adopted the philosophy "there is more to life than video games"  which is refreshing.

The past couple of weekends I have been ill with one virus or another and since Eliza is an only child and my play skills were diminished, she played a bit more Wii than usual.  Tonight we talked about it and I told her she was back to her regular schedule of how much she could play since I was no longer lying around like a wet dish rag.

Eliza was OK with that and told me her brain's life cycle was OK with the idea too.

Her brain's life cycle?  Why yes!  There are 6 stages in Eliza's brain's life cycle.

First your brain reads,

Then your brain does animals (this could include the Museum of Natural History or the zoo),

Then your brain does art work,

Then your brain does Ninjago Legos (conveniently for Eliza's brain her mother's brain gets to assemble these),

Then you brain plays board games,

And last, your brain gets to play a little bit if video games.

Seems like a pretty good "life cycle" to me.  Now if we could work in eating and sleeping into that we'd be all set!


3 comments:

  1. Oh boy her and Elizabeth need to meet. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Anne, I'm mostly a lurker but I just want to let you know I enjoy your posts a lot! I'm also a mommy to a child with feeding issues so I can relate to you a great deal. Please keep blogging! And by the way, you are an AWESOME mom! :) Beth

    ReplyDelete

Prematurity... Should It Be a Classification for Special Needs Services?

It is hard to fathom that in a couple of days Eliza will be ten. I look back on the past decade and and am amazed, and often baffled, how sh...